A Unique Approach to Stock Surveillance
FTI Consulting’s approach to shareholder insights and stock surveillance helps clients navigate complex markets and uncover unique opportunities by combining the traditional elements of interpreting investor ownership and trading data, with the full resources and capabilities that FTI has to offer.
Features/Key Points of Stock Surveillance
FTI provides a comprehensive approach to shareholder monitoring and engagement, in addition to being a first line of defense that offers tailored solutions to deter and defend against activist investors.
Real-Time Shareholder Identification
- Support the C-suite and Investor Relations in the company’s targeting efforts to the Street
- Quarterly board reports provide an overview of the shareholder base, inclusive of peer benchmarking and qualitative insight
- Highlight instances where investors are using derivatives to gain economic exposure
- Quarterly activism vulnerability assessment, driven by data from FTI’s Activism Vulnerability Screener
- Provide board-level focus within governance, balance sheet, total shareholder return and operating performance
- Identify market and industry trends, as well as quarterly benchmarking, to solidify activism preparedness techniques
Forward-Thinking Insights for the Board and C-Suite
- Investor “wolfpack” analysis for contested M&A / shareholder activism
- Identify investors that have historically held equity positions alongside the known shareholder activist to provide a minimum base of suspected votes for the dissident
- Timing of share repurchases for treasury